Following are some common San Diego DUI penalties:
• Heavy fines and Probation
• Jail time ranging from a few days to many years.
• Impoundment of your car.
• Suspension or revocation of you driver’s license
• Mandatory admission and attendance at treatment programs
• Installation of Ignition Interlock device in your car
The penalty you get depends upon the severity of your offense, your county, your age and a number of other factors related to your case. You can find more details about the possible punishments in the San Diego Penalty chart.
Apart from the explicit penalties mentioned above, San Diego DUI also entails certain implicit penalties such as higher premiums on insurance and lost work opportunities.