For many centuries people have enjoyed the consumption of alcohol. People have used alcohol in many different forms including wine, beer, whiskey and many other types. Alcohol has been used as a drink, as an ingredient in cooking and even medicinal purposes. Moderate use of alcohol is fine, and even regular use can have health benefits.
However, alcohol and alcohol use, if not used in moderation, can cause problems. People that are constant users of alcohol can become dependent on it to pick them up, calm them down or use it just because. Persistent use can lead to alcoholism or alcohol abuse issues. If the problem is a long term issue this can lead to a variety of health concerns.
In addition alcohol has immediate health effects such as reducing reaction time, clouding judgment and several other potential physical problems. This can make operating equipment, motor vehicles and other activities extremely dangerous for the person drinking and those around them.
To help learn about the potential problem of alcoholism and alcohol abuse, we have put together the following helpful resources. If you, or someone you know, may have problem with abusing alcohol, feel free to review this information, and if necessary seek help. While alcohol addiction is difficult to overcome, with hard work and dedication it is possible to beat this problem, and help live a long, healthy life, with drinking alcohol being kept in check.
- Mayo Clinic Alcoholism Definition
- The Definition of Alcoholism
- What is an Alcoholic and Alcoholism?
- CDC Alcohol FAQ’s
- Women & Alcohol
- Alcoholism Signs and Symptoms
- Alcohol Abuse Dependence Symptoms
- Alcohol Abuse Signs and Symptoms
- Alcohol’s Effects on the Body
- Health Effects of Alcohol
- How Alcohol Affects Your Health
- Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
- Drinking and Driving Overview
- MADD – Drunk Driving
- Drinking and Driving Facts
- State Drinking and Driving Laws
- Short and Long Term Effects of Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol Information
- Effects of Alcohol Use
- Impact of Abuse on Families
- Treatment of Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Treatment
- Alcoholism Treatment and Management
- Treatment of Alcoholism
- Resources for Family and Friends
- Substance Abuse Resources for Families
- Alcoholics Anonymous Family Groups
- Resources for Parents and Kids
- Alcohol and Other Drug Resources
- San Diego marijuana DUI attorney
By Ted Burgess